Ms. Azeredo represents clients in general litigation, employment matters, business matters, business disputes/litigation, FOIA, Privacy Act, Federal Tort Claims Act, Administrative Law matters, open records laws, sexual assault, assault/battery, tortious conduct, contracts, and regulatory matters.
Prior to establishing the law office, Ms. Azeredo was the owner of PERCHANCE, INC. (2000- 2003) where she developed a patent and a designed line of home furnishings. She was also responsible for all legal matters related to development, manufacturing, and marketing, including trademark, copyright, contracts, torts, privacy, and import and export matters.
From 1991-2000, Ms. Azeredo was an Attorney/Advisor for the Office of the General Counsel for the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Washington, DC. In that capacity, she handled:
- FOIA/Privacy Act matters, including appeals and litigation
- FTCA Claims and Litigation
- EEO, Discrimination and Retaliation matters, including administrative processes and litigation
- Drafted legal opinions and advised USDA on Constitutional issues, Government Ethics, Personnel matters, FTCA, FOIA, PA, Federal Appropriation issues, Anti-Discrimination laws, OSHA issues, immigration matters, and union matters.
While in law school, she was a summer intern for the Chief Judge at the U.S. Court of Federal Claims (June 1982-August 1982).
North Carolina Central University School of Law, Durham, NC, J.D.- cum laude, member of Law Journal, Women’s Caucus, and tutor for Torts.
Hobart and William Smith Colleges, Geneva, NY, B.A. Major – Spanish, Minor – Studio Art
- Maryland State Bar Association
- North Carolina State Bar Association
- National Employment Lawyers Association
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE IN
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland (including the U.S. Bankruptcy Court)
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of North Carolina
- 4th Circuit Court of Appeals
Ms. Azeredo has also been admitted pro hac vice for cases in other jurisdictions, including South Carolina, U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, the U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia, U.S. District Court District of Columbia, U.S. District Court District of New Mexico, and U.S. District Court Connecticut. She also represents clients in administrative processes, arbitrations, and mediations throughout the United States (including its territories).
Languages – Fluency in Spanish and Portuguese
Ashley A. Zimmerman – PARALEGAL
Mr. Zimmerman is a paralegal with the Law Office of Ruth Ann Azeredo, LLC. He attended Anne Arundel Community College and Goucher College. Mr. Zimmerman has been with the Law Office for a number of years and handles litigation support.