No prior result in a matter handled by the Law Office of Ruth Ann Azeredo, LLC guarantees a similar result in a future matter. Each matter is unique. The Law Office of Ruth Ann Azeredo, LLC cannot guarantee any specific result.
The following is a small example of the types of matters handled by the Law Office of Ruth Ann Azeredo, LLC:
- Lawsuit to recover personal property belonging to a mortuary business when it defaulted on its mortgage and was locked out of its premises. Resulted in full recovery of all personal property contained in the building, including all property provided as collateral.
- Lawsuit for breach of contract by hospitality company seeking payment for services performed but not paid for – secured judgment for client.
- Defended a Credit Card processing company in federal court from tortious interference and fraud claims alleging over 1 million in damages. Successfully had lawsuit dismissed for lack of personal jurisdiction.
- Defense of private summer camp in DOJ investigation for accusations of discrimination – Resolved in client’s favor.
Employment & Federal Employment
- Disability and Retaliation lawsuit against Maryland State Highway Administration. Resolved.
- Age/retaliation lawsuit against Exelon – Resolved.
- Disability/Retaliation and FMLA claims filed against Conifer Health Care. We were successful in avoiding arbitration and remained in Court. Resolved.
- Pregnancy Discrimination and retaliation lawsuit against MedStar – Resolved.
- Race discrimination, Title VII lawsuit against Lockheed Martin – Resolved.
- Association with disabled person ADA violation lawsuit against Pepsi Bottling Co. – Resolved.
- EEOC, hostile work environment complaint against School district – Resolved.
- Gender discrimination lawsuit, Title VII, against major home goods company – Resolved.
- Unpaid wage lawsuit against employer – judgment for client including treble damages and attorney fees, totaling over $150,000.
- Wrongful termination claim against EPA- Resolved during MSPB process.
- Sexual Assault/EEO complaint stage – Resolved.
- Sexual Harassment Lawsuit against Best Buy – Resolved.
- Breach of contract and fraud claims against former employer by client, former Executive, for failure to paid agreed upon wages and stock options – Resolved.
- Brought declaratory action to secure relief for client, Executive in securities industry, from a non-compete/non-disclosure agreement – Resolved, allowing client to retain high level employment that was in competition with prior employer.
- Brought declaratory action to secure relief for client from non-compete, NDA so as to allow client to open his own business. Resolved and client was able to commence a business.
OPEN Records Acts/FOIA/Privacy Act
- Public Information Act lawsuit against Prince Georges County, Maryland. Lawsuit successful and attorney fees awarded.
- Public Information Act lawsuit against Montgomery County, Maryland. Resolved and attorney fees paid.
- Filed lawsuit against federal agency for release of records and demanding comportment with Privacy Act. Documents were successfully released.
Corporate, Franchise & Licensing
- Lawsuit against majority member of LLC on behalf of client, minority member of LLC, for breach of operating agreement – Resolved.
- Defended client in lawsuit alleging fraud and violation of Business Opportunity Sales Act – Resolved.
- Represented client in applying for and securing Investigator’s License in Maryland
- Negotiated contracts for client performing services for government contractor.
- Negotiated contract for client performing services for European company.
- Review and negotiation of numerous non-compete/non-disclosure agreements for Executives in various industries and professions.
- Review and negotiation of numerous severance agreements in various industries.
- Review and negotiated Franchise agreements.
- Review and ensured compliance with filings associated with business opportunities and franchises in various states and the FTC.
- Successfully negotiated the purchaser’s return of their vehicles with full reimbursement of down payments after terms of financing were changed.
- Arbitration seeking payment of unpaid commissions owed to client, registered representative – $1,400,000.00 award in favor of client.
- Discrimination claims in AAA arbitration – award of $750,000.
Discrimination claims in AAA arbitration – award of $750,000.